At the heart of Oracle Social Network collaboration is the Conversation, with the functionality being delivered in the context of existing applications.
With Oracle Social Network, all channels of communication are integrated into the same framework.
Communicate using different parts of the framework:
- Launch a conference using WebEx or Avaya right from a Conversation
- Use the add-in to display Oracle Social Network in the Outlook application
- Use the Oracle Social Network iOS or Android apps to stay connected wherever you are.
Oracle Social Network provides tools to facilitate sharing, gather feedback, and promote the reuse of content, documents, images, and other rich media. These tools let you:
- Upload any type of document to a Conversation from your file system or Oracle Document Cloud Allow others to annotate the document with questions and comments while seeing who else is annotating at the same time. You can respond to their comments directly inline
- Store multiple versions of a document and retain a history of who did what (opened, downloaded, or edited) and when
- Use folders to help you organize documents
- Use search to locate any content that you have access to across the whole network
With Oracle Social Network Social Profile pages, each person in your company can establish his or her professional identity in the workplace.
Everybody in your company gets a wall on which to share their professional details. Others can choose to follow and contribute to an individual’s wall.